The Scindia School was the pioneer in leveraging IT, way back in 1980. The review by the Management in 2001 revealed that The Scindia School needed to effectively leverage IT to transform the traditional school functions.
The vision for ICT@Scindia includes creating the best IT integration school wherein the teachers will:
- Use technology as a tool in teaching
- Be aware of best practices in teaching adopted worldwide
- Collaborate with peers worldwide
- Interact with parents
- Use technology to assess and track students’ performance
Use technology to build instruction materials
And the students will:
- Use computer/ Internet as a tool for learning
- Expand their knowledge base beyond school curriculum
- Communicate and share talents with peers worldwide
- Access web to research on subjects of interest
- Interact with teachers to get learning inputs anytime anywhere
- Interact with parents while in school
The ICT facility has grown exponentially in a little over a decade. School has a state of the art data centre. All class rooms are enabled with ICT resources. There are 6 computer labs with 30 desktops each for students, a faculty resource centre with 25 systems and all necessary support equipment for teachers. A dedicated team of 5 NIIT staff is always present for the staff in FRC. The School has faculty license of Microsoft, campus license from Adobe. The School provides laptops to teachers who have spent one or more year in the school.
Apart from subjects like Foundation of Information Technology for class VIII – X, Computer Science with Python and Multimedia & Web technology for standard XI-XII of CBSE curriculum a parallel courseware developed with the help of NIIT is being taught to students.
The basic objectives of IT education are as follows: With Adobe Photoshop students are able to learn to create high quality banners, pages, backgrounds, and buttons. In addition considerations of compromising high quality for file size are also explained. This would necessarily include conversion of one format to another. Students should be able to do colour augmentation and correction to dramatic collages. Using Adobe Premier a student will be able to edit videos, mix audio, implement a story board, Apply Digital Effects on videos, Get to use various compression techniques and learn blue screen effects and video capturing tools. We make them learn to develop fast loading web animations with high resolution images. Enabling simple action scripts into animations using Flash. Event based flash scripting and Components are also taught. We help them learn programming with C, basic concepts of a structural programming, the basic syntax (if, else, for, do-while etc.) of the programming language. Structures, Functions, Data structures and pointers shall also be covered in detail. They also learn how to create interactive website using HTML, ASP, Java-scripts and SQL database.
Due to the readily available computers, combined with the assistance of the School staff and the NIIT faculty, each student is quite a computer whiz.
TEACHERS & STAFF
Mr. Raj Kapoor
HOD , IT Department
The Dean of ICT, Mr. RK Kapoor is the driving force of the IT success story of our school. A thorough professional, he seems to have 48 hours in his day by virtue of the quantum of work he accomplishes. At any given time, his office is full of students and members of the faculty who get immediate solutions for all their IT related problems. A perfectionist to the core, he is able to infuse his students with a passion for the subject as well as zeal, commitment and a deep sense of responsibility.
Mr Kapoor is known to be a man of principles and all students approach him for guidance on personal matters apart from looking up to him for creative ideas and the latest updates on technology. A person who believes in updating his knowledge at all times, he encourages the same in his colleagues and students. The computer labs which are always buzzing with activity and the laurels that our boys win when they represent school for Inter-school competitions are a testimony of his leadership and the encouragement he provides.
Mr Kapoor is someone who has the welfare of the school and the school community at heart and hence as the Head of the Anti Ragging Committee of school, he has been instrumental in bringing about a positive change in attitudes.
He has also received a certificate of appreciation by the Government of India for the excellent performance of his students in the CBSE Board Examinations.
Adding more sheen to his persona are the numerous games he has played. He has played State and University level tournaments in Table Tennis and Cricket. A trained mountaineer from the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering.
Mr. Kapoor has received national scholarships for his academic performance at college and university level, is also a regular member (Educationist) of Scindia Kanya Vidyalaya management.
Mr Pawan Kumar Mali, Faculty
Mr Pawan Kumar Mali
Faculty , IT Department
Mr. Pawan Kumar Mali joined The Scindia School on 6th July 2017 as Multimedia and Web Technology Teacher. He has completed his Bachelor Degree in Computer Science from Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded and Masters in Computer Science from SMU. He attended ANIIT at NIIT Hyderabad.
He has seven years of experience in different organisations wherein apart from teaching he handled the responsibility of being a System Administrator and Trainer. In his previous assignment he worked as an ICT Teacher and ROBOTICS trainer. Under his leadership his school team participated and performed commendably in the National Robotics Olympiad, World Robotics Olympiad, BOTBALL Robot OLYMPIAD sponsored by NASA and I-ROBOT.
Mr. JITENDRA JAWALE
DTP , IT Department
An alumnus of The Scindia School Mr Jitendra Jawale joined as a member of the faculty in 1997. He has a Diploma in Computer Application. Soon after his appointment he ushered in the era of Desk Top Publishing in school which changed the face of our publications. He plays an important role in the design and layout of our major school publications and has also been helping children enhance their graphic designing skills.
Immensely popular amongst students and colleagues alike for his vast knowledge about the fauna and flora of the Fort he can often be seen educating boys about the richness of vegetation on the Fort. Needless to say he is an indispensable member of the Eco Club.
A perfectionist to the core Mr Jawale believes in giving his 100% to everything he does be it mentoring students as the Resident Tutor of Jeevaji House, guiding students to handle the audio visual equipment in school or being at the helm of the various social welfare activities.
His earnest desire is to have his alma mater recognized as the country’s best school.
- COMPUTER LITERACY EXCELLENCE AWARD (STATE LEVEL) FOR SCHOOLS- 2004 by Department of Information Technology, Govt. of India
- First version of ICT security policies were drafted and launched in 2004
- Made successful smartcard + biometric device integration for various transactions by students through various stores since 2004
- Conducted Workshop on Information Technology for Teachers of IPSC Schools in 2007
- Every year in April we host Suryodaya IT Fest since 2008, in which students of premier schools of India take part. Event is being sponsored by NIIT
- The Scindia School has been conferred with eINDIA 2009 Award in the category ‘Digital Learning ICT Enabled School of the Year’
- All Teachers equipped with Laptops since 2009. Possible because of special approval given by the Chairman Board of Governors.
- Computer Network spreaded across the campus through fiber optic and point to point wireless technology in 2010.
- All class rooms in main academic block have been enabled with latest ICT resources in the year 2012.
- All parents and alumni are now being communicated through email and SMS
- We hosted IPSC IT Fest’13 for the first time.
- Our school was declared winner of Computer quiz 2014-15, organized by Computer Society of India, Gwalior chapter at the DRDO, Gwalior
- Our school won Suryodaya IT fest 2015, where Mayo boys stood IInd and Welham girls were IInd runner-up
- We are one of Microsoft Showcase Schools since 2015
- All house preps in Senior section and class rooms have been enabled with WI-Fi facility