The Motto of the House is "Sampadam Daivim Abhijato Asi", which means we all are born with divine wealth.
Who was Jayaji ?
After a long period of turmoil, His Highness Maharaja Jayajirao Scindia provided stability to the State of Gwalior. Jayajirao Scindia started modernizing the State of Gwalior from the young age of 19. He established a new revenue collection system and set up a judicial system with courts and judges. In 1872, Jayajirao Scindia loaned Rs 75 lakhs for the construction of the Agra-Gwalior portion of the Great Indian Peninsular Railway, and constructed many new buildings, reconstructed the Koteshwar Mandir, and donated Rs 15 lakhs for the reconstruction of Gwalior Fort’s boundary wall and the broken parts of Man Mandir, Gujari Mahal and Johar Kund.
About the Housemaster
Mr Sumit Chakrabarty, from the faculty of Commerce is the House Master of Jayaji House. His democratic style of functioning and his constant motivation and counselling of students helped bring about a culture of excellence in the house and school. A person gifted with an analytical bent of mind and a multi-dimensional vision, he displays a deep insight into all problems and possesses the ability to bring innovative and original solutions to them. With a firm belief in introspection as a touchstone he aspires to untiringly satiate his hunger for knowledge.
HOUSE MASTER & STAFF
Mr Sumit Chakrabarty
Ms Manisha Singh
- In Grade XII, the House average rose to 85.8%.
- Shubham Agarwal and Mani Maloo received 100% and 60% scholarships in England.
- In class X, Aditi Joshi topped the batch with an aggregate of 98.2%.
- Aditya Parashar, the recipient of the Umang Mathur Memorial Trophy, Scholar’s Blazer and the Scholar’s Tie, and the coveted Maharaja Madhavrao Scindia II Medal, topped Class XI with 93.4 %.
- Jayant Gupta topped the batch with an aggregate of 98.3 %.
- 16 students altogether attended the Scholars’ Banquet, VP’s Breakfast and signed the prestigious Honours’ Book.
- Under the captaincy of Abhyuday Chauhan, the House A Group Cricket team stood 1st.
- Under the captaincy of Agastya Bubber, the House A Group Chess team stood 1st.
- Rakshit Malhotra was the captain of the House A Group Swimming team that secured the 2nd position, whereas the B Group Swimming team stood 2nd with Ritansh Varsh-ney as the captain.
- Under the captaincy of Rohit Gound, the House B group Athletics team as well as the B Group Table Tennis team secured the 1st position.
- Under the captaincy of Anubhav Sachan, the House secured the 1st position in the B Group Cross Country.
- The House B Group Basketball team stood 1st with Jayesh Nitharwal as the captain. Abhyuday Chauhan, Agrim Kapoor, Aryan Raghuvanshi, and Abhey Khanna went to Haridwar for a cricket tour and won the series of matches.
- Sundaram Malik and Rohit Gound played SGFI nationals in tennis and athletics respectively.
- Under the captaincy of Vrushank Malhotra, The Scindia School team lifted the winner’s trophy in the Sahodaya Cricket Tournament.
- For excellence in sports, seven students were awarded with colours, while six received half-colours, and one received the full-colour.
- Jayaji stood 1st in the Inter-House Hindi Skit and 2nd in the Inter-House English Skit Competition.
- The House won the Ramanujan Inter-House Maths Quiz and was the runners up in the following – IT Week, Inter-House General Quiz, A Group English Debate, and A Group Hindi Debate.
- Aditya Parashar was adjudged as the Best Speaker and the second Best Speaker in the Pinegrove Bilingual Debate and His Highness Madhav Rao Scindia Hindi Debates, respectively.
- Aaryan Nagpal was adjudged as the Best Speaker in the English debates organised by RIMC, Dehradun, and the AMI Shishu Mandir, Gwalior.
- Aditi Joshi and Suyash Bansal were a part of the team that lifted the overall trophy in the English Debate and Business Quiz organised by Vivek High School, Chandigarh.
- In the Swimming District Championship, Rakshit Malhotra and Vishnudeep Tyagi won 3 gold medals each and Aaryan Nagpal secured a silver medal.
- In the State Shooting Championship, Angad Sahni bagged a bronze medal. In the Sahodaya Inter School Swimming Competition – Anmol Mohanka, Vishnudeep Tyagi, and Rakshit Malhotra bagged 6 golds, 1 silver and 1 bronze medal.
- Aaryan Nagpal and Chaitanya Mishra were a part of the team that went to Bhutan for a cycling expedition, while Rakshit Malhotra and Shikhar Agarwal successfully completed the Annapurna Circuit Trek.
- Jayant Gupta and Samriddh Agarwal attended a 14-days Adventure Course at AB-VIMAS, Manali.
- Rohan Khanna attended the Young Leaders’ Conclave held at Modern School, Vasant Vihar.
- Agrim Kapoor and Abhyuday Chauhan went for a cultural exchange programme to the Ellesmere College, London.
- Angad Sahni was a part of an exchange programme at the Briklehof School, Germany.
- Yashovardhan Dikshit went for a student exchange programme to International Community School, Ghana.
- Ayush Goyal went to Germany for an exchange programme.
- Yashovardhan Dikshit and Angad Sahni were a part of the RSIS Project in Ladakh.
- Vishnudeep Tyagi attended the RSIC 2019 held at the Emerald Heights International School, Indore.
- Rakshit Malhotra and Shikhar Agrawal were a part of the RSIS project at Borneo, Malaysia.