The Motto of the House is “Suyastha Aatma Jagatsathu”
Who was Dattaji ?
Dattaji Shinde was Ranoji’s third son and Jankoji’s uncle. He acted as a regent when Jankoji was very young. Dattaji was killed in a battle with Najib Khan at Buradi Ghat in 1760. When he was lying wounded at the battle-field, Najib Khan approached him and asked, “Kyun Patil aur bhi laroge?” He said, “ Bachenge to aur bhi larenge” – this was a great inspiration for the Maratha soldiers, though Dattaji was slain.
About the Housemaster
Ms Sneha Bhagat has completed her master's in English and B.Ed from the University of Delhi. Other than academics, Ms Sneha has interests in debating, dramatics, cultural activities and art. While at university, she has trained people for communication, language teaching, linguistic assessments, story telling, creative writing, theatre, and movement. Her idea of education is that co-curricular activities and academics go hand in hand. She integrates lessons with life skills and to enable students to realize their dreams and ambitions, to lead successful and happy lives.
She believes in the power of conversations, affection, and empathy being the driving forces of education for life. If a child empathises with the ones around them, shows genuine affection for those who matter, and trusts conversations more than assumptions, she believes her role as an Educator and more so as a Housemaster, is fruitful.
HOUSE MASTER & STAFF
Ms Sneha Bhagat
Ms Mrinal S. Bhatt
- Guransh Johar and Rishith Mehrotra were the house prefects for the year 2019-2020.
- Arnav Joshi was the batch topper with an aggregate of 97% (2019-2020).
- Keshav Jhunjhunwala was the batch topper with an aggregate of 97% and Uday Ahuja second batch topper with an aggregate of 96% in Class VII (2019-2020).
- Archit Baranwal was the second batch topper with an aggregate 94% in class VIII (2019-2020).
- Dattaji House bagged the first position in the Inter-House Hockey competition. Guransh Johar was adjudged the most promising player and Rishabh Singh was declared the best goalkeeper for the tournament.
- Dattaji House bagged the first position in Inter-House Cricket Competition. Guransh Johar was declared the player of the tournament.
- The house bagged the second position in Inter-House Cross Country Competition. Karma C Bhutia and Guransh Johar came in the 2nd block.
- In Inter-House Swimming Competition, Dattaji House bagged the 2nd position.
- In Inter-House Chess competition Dattaji House bagged the 3rd position. Shaurya Chhabra was awarded the best player of the tournament.
- Dattaji House bagged the first position in Inter-House Hindi Elocution. Yashwardhan Singh Khattri stood first in the poetry section and Arnav Joshi stood first in the prose section.
- The house stood first in the in Inter-House Inquizitive Quiz Competition, Inter-House English Quiz competition and the Inter-House Hindi Quiz Competition.
- Dattaji House stood second in the Inter-House English Debate Competition.
- The house stood third in the Inter-House Hindi Debate and the English Elocution Competition.