The motto of the House is "Guna Pooja Sthana"
Who was Jeevaji ?
His Highness Jeevajirao Scindia lost his father when he was nine years old. He recognized the importance of representative institutions. He followed his father’s legacy and undertook a number of measures to relieve the financial burdens of the farmers, established educational institutions, libraries, and hospitals for women and children. Jeevajirao ruled Gwalior until India's independence in 1947 and was one of the first rulers to accede to the Indian Union and signed a covenant with other rulers by which Gwalior was merged with princely states to become the new Indian state of Madhya Bharat within the union of India. He contributed Rs. 50 crores to the Government of India exchequer. 'George' Jeevajirao served as the State's Rajpramukh, or appointed Governor till 31 October 1956, when Madhya Bharat was merged into Madhya Pradesh. He used to visit the School and dine with the students once a week. He gave the School the vision statement: ‘The young men who go out of The Scindia School will carry in life and in their conduct the bold imprint of this institution, the stamp of self-discipline, of character, of chivalry, of dignity, and of good behavioural qualities on which higher citizenship is based.’
Jeevajirao abolished the system of bonded or unpaid labour. He built the Tekanpur Kothis, where the BSF Head Quarter is now located. He continued to serve until his untimely death in 1961, when the mantle passed to his 16 year old son Madhavrao Scindia II.
About the Housemaster:
Mr. Srijit Pillai, a man of his words is an absolute example of a perfect gentlemen. He is an enthusiast and has a great interest in adventurous and outdoor activities. He always keeps a crave for perfection in academics from students as he himself is an outstanding mathematics teacher who teaches not only the right approach to solve questions but also to apply them into the real world.
He wishes to imbibe traditional and cultural values in the boys of Jeevaji house. What adds to his charming personality is his impeccable sense of humour.
HOUSE MASTER & STAFF
Mr Srijith Pillai
Senior School Deputy Prefect
Mr Ganpat Swaroop Pathak
- Adwait Sharma, Shishir Pandey, Harkirat Singh, Parth Bansal and Dev Bansal attended the Scholar’s Banquet.
- Parth Bansal topped in French with an aggregate of 98%.
- Parth Bansal and Agrim Singh received Gold and Yanglem Arjun received Silver in the All India Mathematics Olympiad.
- Shishir Pandey and Yanglem Arjun passed the first round in the Silver Zone International Olympiad of English Language.
- The House stood 1st in Inter-House Group A and Overall Basketball tournament under the captaincy of Anirudh Tyagi.
- The House was the Runner-up in the Inter-House Group A Cricket tournament under the captaincy of Akshay Singh.
- Adwait Sharma was declared the Best Athlete in Interhouse Athletic Meet 2019-20.
- Akshay Singh was appointed as the Scindia School Band Major for the year 2019-20.
- Tarun Bansal summited the Annapurna Circuit Trek which is 18000 feet high.
- Agrim Singh, Jazbi Yunus and Dhruv Jhiriwal completed about 100 km of tough terrain cycling expedition in Bhutan.
- Yashvardhan Nevatia went to Andaman Nicobar Islands for 5 days for certified Scuba Diving Course.
- The House won the Senior Group English Elocution in which Kshitij Dogra stood 1st in poetry and Adwait Sharma stood 3rd in prose section.
- The Middle Group Elocution for poetry section was won by Krrishn Leelotpal Divyaa.
- Kshitij Dogra went to NIIT University, Neemrana to attend a 5 days’ workshop.
- Yanglem Arjun won the creative writing Runners up trophy at the Young Ideators conclave held at BVM, Nainital.
- Sudhansh Agarwal went to Goa for wildlife research on Otters.
- Kushagra Kunwar and Shishir Pandey participated in the Ladakh Service project.
- Varun Gupta, Aditya Pratap Singh and Karnik Kanojia participated in the RS service project at Dehradun.
- Akshay Singh and Sukrit Jhunjhunwala participated in the Assam Valley School for community service.
- Kshitij Dogra participated in the Rauti Ki Beli service project held at Mussoorie.
- Divyansh Bhandari participated in RSC held at Sanskar Valley School and the RS service project held at Genesis Global School, Noida.
- Yanglem Arjun attended the Global Social Leaders World Summit held at Wellington College, and Shishir Pandey went for an exchange programme to Kenya.