Who was Madhav ?
Also known as Madhav Maharaja, His Highness Maharaja Madhavrao Scindia I was only ten when his father died. The Council of Regency ran the state till 1894 after which he assumed charge. Madhavrao Scindia I took steps which display a progressive and democratic outlook. He separated the functions of Judiciary and Executive, and established Panchayat Boards. He surprised all by separating State money and his own, fixing his privy purse at a mere two percent of the State revenue. It was his initiative to connect Sheopur, Bhind and Guna by Gwalior Railway. Further, he deposited Rs 25 lakh every year in the Gangajali Fund, which was reserved for development projects such as education, famine relief and irrigation. He built the Tighra Dam. It is believed that he would disguise himself as a common man and wander the streets of Gwalior unrecognized to check on the performance of the administration. It is His Highness Maharaja Madhavrao Scindia I who established the Scindia School in 1897 for the sons of the chieftains of Gwalior state to give them a progressive education. Madhavrao Scindia I was a diabetic and finally died in a hospital in Paris. He had two wives, and his second wife Gajraraje bore him a son named Jiwajirao – who succeeded him. The statue of His Highness Maharaj Madhavrao Scindia I mounted on a horse is placed in Jayendraganj.
The Motto of the House is “Be bold in what you stand for”
About the House Master
Mr. Abhijit Mukhopadhyay, popularly known as “Mr. Encyclopedia” amongst the students, teaches History and has been instrumental in making it immensely popular among the boys. He was recognized for his exceptional use of ICT in Teaching. He imparts his passion for music, debating and trivia to the students. The boys of the Madhav House look upto him for motivation and encouragement and his presence during Inter House events inspires them to put in their best.
• Two boys received the Scholar’s Scarf, 6 boys and 1 girl attended Scholar’s Banquet, 5 boys attended VP’S breakfast and 5 boys signed the Honour’s Book.
• Ayush Barya who appeared for the Class 12 board examinations last year scored an aggregate of 93%.
• Aadya Mishra topped the batch in Class 11th with an aggregate of 92.6%
• Saksham Kalra received a scholarship of $7000 from Michigan university, USA.
• Nitya Mehra achieved a 100% scholarship to Germany to attend a 3 week programme.
• Akshat Karwa, Chirag Rathi and Shubhamanyu Lahiri attended the La Martiniere MUN and Shubhamnyu was awarded with a Special Mention.
• Vedanga Nag was awarded 2nd position in sound editing and 3rd position in digital photo editing in the inter house IT week.
• Aryaman Vikamsey, Nitya Mehra, Shubhamanyu Lahiri, Chirag Rathi and Vedanga Nag participated in the Scindia Model United Nations in which Chirag Rathi was awarded with the best delegate award and Shubhamanyu Laihiri was given a special mention.
• Umang Agarwal and Snehil Tripathi were part of the winning team of The His Highness Maharaja Madhavrao Scindia Memorial Inter School Hindi Debate in which Umang was adjudged as the best speaker in the 1st round and the 3rd best speaker in the final round and Snehil Tripathi was awarded as the best speaker in the final round.
• Suvrat Mahindroo and Snehil Tripathi contributed for the house to secure 2nd position in the inter house quiz competition.
• Chidghan Prabhu won the 1st prize in JAF essay writing competition.
• Snehil Tripathi participated in the Platinum Jubilee English Debate in which he was adjudged as the best speaker in the final round and the school team stood 1st.
• Raj Yadav was awarded with the IAYP Gold Award.
• Kuldeep Soni, Kaldenla Bhutia received IAYP silver award.
• Samarth Kalra and Rachit Agarwal received IAYP bronze award.
• The house stood 1st in inter house A group swimming competition in which Shreyash Dubey and Samarjith Nalvade were awarded with best individual swimmer trophy. It was Shreyash Dubey’s third consecutive win.
• In the inter house table tennis tournament B group stood 2nd A group stood 4th.
• Under the able captaincy of Shivam Gupta in inter house A group Cricket and Athletics tournament the A group stood 3rd and 4th respectively.
• Sanskar Shetty and Annanya Srivastav were part of the Under 19 football team which represented the school at the MFT tournament held at Mayo college, Ajmer in which the school secured 3rd position.
• Gatik Bhonwal represented the school in Under 17 and Under 14 Tennis tournament in which he secured 5th seat in Gwalior district. He was also the runner up in the Tej Group Tennis Tournament.
• Ujjwal Mehrotra secured 1st position and Kartik Agarwal secured 3rd position in the inter house Squash tournament.
• Nitya Mehra stood 1st in the Triathlon event for 10th Class and Shivam Gupta also stood 1st in the Triathlon for 12 Class and Shreyash Dubey stood 2nd in the same.
• Sidh Agarwal represented the school in the inter school skating competition and bagged the bronze medal.