Who was Madhav ?
Also known as Madhav Maharaja, His Highness Maharaja Madhavrao Scindia I was only ten when his father died. The Council of Regency ran the state till 1894 after which he assumed charge. Madhavrao Scindia I took steps which display a progressive and democratic outlook. He separated the functions of Judiciary and Executive, and established Panchayat Boards. He surprised all by separating State money and his own, fixing his privy purse at a mere two percent of the State revenue. It was his initiative to connect Sheopur, Bhind and Guna by Gwalior Railway. Further, he deposited Rs 25 lakh every year in the Gangajali Fund, which was reserved for development projects such as education, famine relief and irrigation. He built the Tighra Dam. It is believed that he would disguise himself as a commoner and wander the streets of Gwalior unrecognized to check on the performance of the administration. It is His Highness Maharaja Madhavrao Scindia I who established the Scindia School in 1897 for the sons of the chieftains of Gwalior state to give them a progressive education. Madhavrao Scindia I was a diabetic and finally died in a hospital in Paris. He had two wives, and his second wife Gajraraje bore him a son named Jiwajirao – who succeeded him. The statue of His Highness Maharaj Madhavrao Scindia I mounted on a horse is placed in Jayendraganj.
The Motto of the House is “Be bold in what you stand for”
About the House Master
Mr Manjeet Bainipal teaches Geography and loves to be close to nature. He has a knack for trekking and loves to venture into adventure sports. He has an ardent affection towards games such as volleyball. In his leisure time, he relishes playing it. He is a staunch observer and is curious about new things in life.
HOUSE MASTER & STAFF
Mr. Manjeet Singh Bainipal
House Master, MADHAV HOUSE
Mr. Manas Mukhoti
Resident Tutor, MADHAV HOUSE
Deputy Sr School Prefect, MADHAV HOUSE
School Prefect, MADHAV HOUSE
- Yuvraj Jain participated in a scuba diving course held at Andaman and nicobar islands.
- Aarush Prabhu came 2nd in the epic quiz which was broadcasted by epic tv channel.
- Aarush Prabhu received honorable mention in Genesis MUN.
- Nimit Jain completed the adventure course held at ABVIMAS Manali.
- Suryansh Gupta got selected for final round of innoventure math and logical Olympiad held at Pinegrove school.
- Sumedh Poddar won gold medal at Sahodaya inter school swimming competition.
- Maan Arora attended the Global Social Leaders Conference held in London.
- Chaitanya Agarwal and Gatik Bhonwal attended an internship on marine biology held at goa.
- Ujjwal Mehrotra was appointed as the vice-captain of MP state u-19 squash team.
- Ujjwal Mehrotra won 2nd position at the costach film making event held at Mayo college Ajmer.
- Ujjwal Mehrotra won 1st position at the business quiz held at Vivek High School Chandigarh.
- Ujjwal Mehrotra completed an adventure course held at ABVIMAS Manali.
- Akshat Karwa, Shaurya Aggarwal, Sidh Agarwal, Arnav Kapoor and Kartik Agarwal were a part of a 350km cycling expedition from Leh to Nubra Valley and crossed two mountain passes at altitudes of 17690 ft and 18380ft.
- Akshat Karwa bagged two gold medals in Sahodaya Inter-school Swimming Competition, Gwalior.
- Akshat Karwa, Chirag Rathi and Abhishek Mahour were a part of the team which bagged runner’s up trophy in Welham’s Girls School Science Fair.
- Abhishek Mahour led The Scindia School team to the Aaj Tak Hindi Debates’ Final Round.
- Samarjith Nalvade, Akshat Karwa and Sumedh Potdar broke school records in Inter House Swimming Competition.
- Nitya Mehra and Akshat Karwa won the Best Adjudicator and the Best Speaker Awards respectively in the Platinum Jubilee Memorial ALL-India Interschool English Debates.
- Akshat Karwa was a part of the Round Square International Service Project and Trekking Expedition.
- Satwik Goyal, Kartik Agarwal and Shaurya Agarwal contributed in the Rautu ki Belli Round Square Service Project held at Mussorie.
- Kartik Agarwal and Vihhaan Gupta helped the School team reach the finals of the H.H Cricket Tournament.
- Senior Under Officers Nitya Mehra and Abhishek Mahour led the School Brass Band at Rajpath and PM’s Rally respectively.
- Nitya Mehra, Abhishek Mahour, Arnav Kapoor, Samarjith Nalvade, Gatik Bhonwal, Kshitij Sharma, Devansh Roy marched at Rajpath this year in the Scindia School Brass Band.
- House Acheivements –
1st Position –
- Inter House Swimming Competition – A group and Overall.
- A group Inter House Hindi Debate.
- A group Inter House English Debate.
- A group Inter House Hindi Elocution.
2nd Position –
- A group Inter House Football Tournament.
- A group Inter House Table Tennis Tournament.
- B group Inter House Hindi Debate.
- Inter House Dance Competion.
3rd Position –
- Ramanujan Maths Quiz.
- Deputy Senior School Prefect – Nitya Mehra
- School Prefect – Abhishek Mahour
- House Prefects – Samarjith Nalvade & Arnav Kapoor
- Cross Country Captain – Samarjith Nalvade
- Swimming Captain – Nitya Mehra
- Squash Captain – Ujjwal Mehrotra
- Mess Committee – Shaurya Agarwal
- Cyber Scindia – Vedanga Nag
Joint Secretaries –
- Metal Work – Gaurang Paliwal
- Social Service League – Akshat Karwa
- Buisness Bee – Ujjwal Mehrotra
- Qila Quotes – Senior Editors – Akshat Karwa & Chirag Rathi
- Nucleus –Editor – Kartik Agarwal
Creative Editor – Vedanga Nag
- Scilens – Creative Editor – Vedanga Nag
- Review – Creative Editor – Vedanga Nag