Who was Shivaji?
Shivaji Bhonsle is revered as one of India’s legendary leaders. Also known as Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Shivaji was an Indian warrior king and a member of the Bhonsle Maratha clan. Shivaji carved out an enclave from the declining Adilshahi sultanate of Bijapur that formed the genesis of the Maratha Empire. In 1674, and was formally crowned as the Chhatrapati of his realm at Raigad. Shivaji established a competent and progressive civil rule with the help of a disciplined military and well-structured administrative organisations.
About the Housemaster Mr. Sumit Chakrabarty is the Housemaster of the Shivaji House. Under his guidance, the House has gone from strength to strength making its presence felt in every field. Mr Chakravarty encourages boys to take leadership roles, make strong commitments for the school and the House and supports them in their efforts towards the realization of their targets. He always ensures an open communication with the boys of his House. As a result he is able to handle a motley group of adolescents very efficiently. His extensive knowledge of a wide variety of topics ensures that boys love to spend hours with him discussing various national and international affairs.
• Govind, Samyak and Siddhant secured 90% in Class 12.
• 4 boys received Scholar’s Scarf by securing 10 CGPA.
• 6 students signed the Honour’s book and attended VP’s Breakfast.
• Shrey Agarwal was awarded the second best CEO in I CAN.
• Shubham Sultania and Prashant Bansal participated in Multimedia Presentation, Photography and editing and secured 2nd position respectively in IT fest held at MGD, Jaipur.
• Shubham and Prashant participated in IPSC IT fest held LK Singhania, Gotan and Shubham secured 1st position in digital poster making.
• Prashant Bansal and Shubham Sultania secured 1st and 2nd position respectively in website designing and digital poster making in Inter House IT week
• Shubham Sultania and Kushagra Patwari were the runners up in business fest held at Wynberg Allen, Mussoorie
• Varun Kapoor participated in AVS film festival and received best screen play award.
• Abhinav Gautam secured 3rd position in solo Tabla performance at Jindal Literary Fest.
• Chlepous Limboo participated in the OP Jindal Art Fest and received 1st prize in wood carving.
• Varun Kapoor received the best delegate award in SCIMUN.
• Harshvardhan Chandel secured 1st position in ‘B’ Group Hindi elocution.
• Varun Kapoor secured 1st position in ‘A’ Group English elocution.
• Kushagra Patwari got the 3rd best speaker in Slater English debate and he also came 3rd in Welham Girls English debate.
• Under the captaincy of Yashkaran Sidhu the house secured 1st positon in Football ‘A’ Group.
• Under the captaincy of Rishab Parecha the ‘B’ Group team stood first in Basketball.
• Kushagra Patwari was runner up in the major Kripal Tennis Tournament and also got a Silver medal in a tournament organised by GCTA
• Adhish Sharma went for U – 14 football IPSC and was awarded best goalkeeper and was selected for U – 14 SGFI Nationals.