The school executes upon long term plans to enhance the school infrastructure in diverse areas, based on an annual cycle around the Founder's Day. Such renovations, with full sensitivity towards heritage and conservation, are based upon the advice of professionals from INTACH, and of conservation architects from among our own Old Boys.
Main projects for 2015:
A Major Initiative
- The Dining Hall has already been provided with a beautiful façade in stylistic symmetry with the surroundings. The main entrance has been renovated and modern facilities incorporated. The focus now is on the interiors, on acoustic treatment, new furniture, additional toilet facilities, and the terrace.
- The new imaginatively conceived Faculty Resource Center extension has swiftly become the favourite hub of teachers. The inner rooms, the central hall, and facilities are now being enhanced.
- The Oval Field will have a fine clay track for athletics, around an all-green grass field. A commentator's box will be added to the Oval Field gallery.
- The Hockey field will be cleared of stones, refilled with soil, leveled and provided a grass top.
- The Shukla Memorial Open Air Theatre, OAT, will be totally renovated. A modern control room will be provided, with provision for managing lights and sounds during shows, and with modern lighting and audio equipment.
- The Health Center will be renovated and equipped with up-to-date facilities.
- A waiting room and wash rooms will be provided in the Junior School block for the convenience of visiting parents.
- Renovation of the existing Central Store area will be taken up and the Staff Club will shift there.
- Extra staff quarters will be created by modifying the existing store houses on the same premises.
The renovation of the Shivaji House dormitory will be undertaken, to be completed around mid 2016. This is a pilot project. Once the pilot is successful, all other Houses will also be renovated in the coming years.
The erstwhile Jayappa House dormitory in the North Block will house the Shivaji House boys in the interim, with a seamless transition for the boys.