The school executes upon long term plans to enhance the school infrastructure in diverse areas, based on an annual cycle around the Founder's Day. Such renovations, with full sensitivity towards heritage and conservation, are based upon the advice of various professionals including, and of conservation architects from among our own Old Boys.
Projects undertaken in 2018
Projects that shall be/ likely to be taken up over the next few years’
- In the last few months, we witnessed substantial maintenance and infrastructure related works being done in the school campus at various locations. Kanerkhed House, located in the Junior House campus was fully renovated and handed over for occupation on the 22 Jul 2018. Similarly, another junior House Nimaji was also handed over on 23 Aug 18 for occupation by the students. The remaining two Houses, Dattaji and Jankoji are likely to be completed by 30 Nov 2018. Due to acute water scarcity, only the dry works e.g. fixtures and fittings were done in Dattaji and Jankoji Houses in the preceding months. Now that the monsoon is back in full swing, work will go on unabated and shall finish on time.
- Looking into the hot and humid weather conditions, which prevail over several months every year in this part of the world, all the classrooms are being air-conditioned at the moment. Most of the work is already completed and whatever little is left shall be finished soon. This is to enhance the comfort of students and teachers during academic transaction.
- Currently, the work has also been initiated for relaying of all roads in the School. This shall enhance the look and feel of the School in a significant way. The work is expected to complete by next Founder’s Day.
- Chain-link fencing of almost about 900 meters has been completed from the circular gate to the rear of the recently moved Jayappa and Daulat Houses to ensure higher safety and security for the boys. This is in view of the Rope-way project which is coming up shortly behind the Principal’s residence.
- SOBA House renovation work continues in phases. Recently, stone-flooring, repair work etc was done on the dais in front of the SOBA House. Also, the elevated patio of the much revered Lord Hanuman temple which is in the same compound was repaired too. The next phase of work has also commenced now, and the entire renovation work shall be completed by May 2019.
The following Projects have been earmarked to be taken up in future/ next financial years’
- Renovation of Houses – Madhav, Jayaji, Ranoji, Jeevaji and Mahadji,
- Creation of a Multi-Purpose Hall/ Auditorium
- Water conservation at the School.
- Renovation of Swimming Pool
- Renovation of Library.
- Upgradation of all Sports Infra
- Creation of Facility center near the Main Gate
- Refurbishing of Health Centre
- Creation of Club House for staff members in Heritage Block