PARENT CHILD CONTACT MECHANISM
The school endeavours to make students self-reliant and independent. The school values the interaction between the family and the child, but also needs to place some restrictions so that a student seamlessly learns to deal with issues himself and develops faith in the system.
- Within the first month of admission, the school does not allow any telephonic communication with the parents, or a visits by parents, as the school believe this hampers the process of settling in. Thereafter every month, the students are allowed to make four phone calls home and send a weekly email to their parents.
- The parents may meet the child on the campus once a month on a Sunday or on the child’s birthday.
- The Resident Medical Officer keeps the parents informed in case a child is unwell.
- The parents are welcome to call and communicate with the Housemaster/ Resident Tutor following a time slot arranged with them.
- A student is allowed a family leave of five days in an academic year. The duration includes the travel time and it cannot be split into more than one such outing.
- Apart from the Summer and Winter Breaks, the school gives one Mid-Term Break in each term.