The Motto of the House is “Suyastha Aatma Jagatsathu”
Who was Dattaji ?
Dattaji Shinde was Ranoji’s third son and Jankoji’s uncle. He acted as a regent when Jankoji was very young. Dattaji was killed in a battle with Najib Khan at Buradi Ghat in 1760. When he was lying wounded at the battle-field, Najib Khan approached him and asked, “Kyun Patil aur bhi laroge?” He said, “ Bachenge to aur bhi larenge” – this was a great inspiration for the Maratha soldiers, though Dattaji was slain.
About the Housemaster
Ms Kirti Srivastava from the faculty of English has master’s degree in Education and English. She has done her B.Ed and has 17 years of teaching experience in various institutions. She is also the proud recipient of an award by “The Times of India” on Teachers’ Day in 2008 for her excellence rapport with students. She was a mass communication teacher at IIIT Allahabad and trained the students in the art of facing interviews. Her specialization is teaching grammar to the students preparing for IAS and other competitive examinations. She is associated with IMTP a Chennai based institute which has a track record of proven excellence in preparing students for IELTS and GRE. She represented her state as the best cadet and was sent to OTS Chennai for a special training camp. She has done her “C certificate “with “AYE grade” and participated in the Republic Day parade in 1998. She has also received the bronze medal under the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme. A passionate educator she believes in teaching beyond the planned lessons and endeavours to nurture good human beings.
- Guransh Johar and Rishith Mehrotra were the house prefects for the year 2019-2020.
- Arnav Joshi was the batch topper with an aggregate of 97% (2019-2020).
- Keshav Jhunjhunwala was the batch topper with an aggregate of 97% and Uday Ahuja second batch topper with an aggregate of 96% in Class VII (2019-2020).
- Archit Baranwal was the second batch topper with an aggregate 94% in class VIII (2019-2020).
- Dattaji House bagged the first position in the Inter-House Hockey competition. Guransh Johar was adjudged the most promising player and Rishabh Singh was declared the best goalkeeper for the tournament.
- Dattaji House bagged the first position in Inter-House Cricket Competition. Guransh Johar was declared the player of the tournament.
- The house bagged the second position in Inter-House Cross Country Competition. Karma C Bhutia and Guransh Johar came in the 2nd block.
- In Inter-House Swimming Competition, Dattaji House bagged the 2nd position.
- In Inter-House Chess competition Dattaji House bagged the 3rd position. Shaurya Chhabra was awarded the best player of the tournament.
- Dattaji House bagged the first position in Inter-House Hindi Elocution. Yashwardhan Singh Khattri stood first in the poetry section and Arnav Joshi stood first in the prose section.
- The house stood first in the in Inter-House Inquizitive Quiz Competition, Inter-House English Quiz competition and the Inter-House Hindi Quiz Competition.
- Dattaji House stood second in the Inter-House English Debate Competition.
- The house stood third in the Inter-House Hindi Debate and the English Elocution Competition.